RTI Connext DDS – Connectivity Platform for Industrial IoT
Connectivity software to streamline the most demanding IIoT systems.
RTI Connext DDS software includes the world’s leading implementation of the Object Management Group (OMG) Data Distribution Service (DDS) standard. DDS is the only open standard for messaging that supports the unique needs of both enterprise and real-time systems. Its open interfaces and advanced integration capabilities slash costs across a system’s lifecycle, from initial development and integration through ongoing maintenance and upgrades.
RTI Connext DDS has proven success in thousands of mission-critical systems including autonomous vehicles, connected medical devices and next-generation energy systems.
DDS fosters the development of loosely coupled modular and open architecture systems. By supporting well-defined interfaces between components and subsystems, DDS eradicates stovepipe, closed and proprietary architectures. This eliminates complexity to reduce integration, maintenance and upgrade costs; promotes competition at the subsystem and middleware levels; and eases reuse.
- Portability – DDS was designed from the start to support any programming language. It is the only standard messaging API for C and C++; it also supports Java, C#, Ada, JMS, WSDL/SOAP and REST/HTTP interfaces.
- Wire interoperability – The DDS Real-Time Publish-Subscribe (RTPS) wire protocol provides seamless interoperability across implementations, platforms and programming languages.
- Semantic interoperability – Applications communicate by exchanging discoverable data objects typically described by a standard data model. The data model can be specified using the OMG Interface Definition Language (IDL), XSD/WSDL, XML or a programmatic interface. It can also be generated from a Unified Modelling Language model.
- Many implementations – At least 10 unique middleware implementations support the DDS API or wire protocol.
- Data-centricity – Data-centric publish/subscribe messaging provides loose coupling, reduces application and integration logic, and scales to systems of systems.
- Performance – DDS supports the full range of performance requirements from enterprise to high-performance real-time systems. DDS implementations outperform implementation of other standards by up to 3,000 times. Connext DDS consistently outperforms other DDS solutions.
- QoS – DDS defines a comprehensive set of Quality of Service (QoS) policies. These provide control over dynamic discovery, content-aware routing and filtering, fault tolerance and deterministic real-time behaviour.
The Connext Product Suite simplifies application and integration logic with a powerful data-centric model, providing:
- Performance – Exceeds stringent real-time requirements and distributes high volumes of data with low latency.
- Security – Provides fine-grained security through standardized authentication, encryption and access control.
- Scalability – Integrates software modules and teams. Discovers data and devices automatically allowing for ease of system scalability.
- Reliability – Delivers nonstop availability with no single point of failure. Ideal for mission-critical systems.
Connectivity software for developing and integrating IIoT systems.
Designed for systems requiring robust, fine-grained security.
Designed for resource-constrained systems.
Designed for safety-certifiable systems.
For automakers building the vehicles of tomorrow.
RTI DDS Toolkit provides a secure and interoperable data communications infrastructure for NI LabVIEW.
MATLAB and Simulink
Connext DDS integrates with MATLAB and Simulink to model, simulate and generate code that enables DDS connectivity in embedded systems.
Connext DDS integrates with leading UML & SysML modelling platforms to develop DDS applications.