UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES (UEI)
With a flexible suite of products to meet diverse requirements, Dedicated Systems endorses United Electronic Industries [UEI] for its proven platforms that help optimize the overall performance and safety of critical transportation systems.
UEI’s I/O systems provide optimal solutions across a broad range of rail monitoring and control applications. Whether monitoring performance, including strain, stability, acceleration, fatigue measurements; or positioning and power consumption, UEI supply an extensive range of programmable automation controllers, loggers, interfaces, and I/O boards to meet your solution needs.
Features of UEI solutions include …
- A wide range of chassis – from ultra-compact single slot cubs through to powerful and rugged rack systems; and
- Support for mainstream operating systems and a diversity of programming languages.
Dedicated Systems chooses the industry leading CodeSonar® by Grammatech as its static code analysis tool [SAST] of choice for rail monitoring and control applications.
GrammaTech products allow customers to solve the most challenging software issues, safeguarding embedded mission-critical devices from failure and cyber attack. Underpinned by a security-first software design philosophy, GrammaTech can be relied upon to facilitate the design, development and deployment of trusted software applications.
With CodeSonar® achieving ISO 26262, IEC 61508, and EN 50128 certification, it is the right tool for developing safety critical software for rail applications.
CodeSonar® features include …
- Analysis of both source and binary code, allowing teams to examine complete applications and eliminate defects early in the software development lifecycle; and
- The ready identification of serious vulnerabilities that could lead to system failures, poor reliability, system breaches, or unsafe conditions.
To meet the certification rigour of rail applications, Dedicated Systems chooses AdaCore as its provider. AdaCore provides rail application developers the advanced tools and development environment required to streamline their process and meet the demands of rail monitoring and control software solutions.
AdaCore supports rail customers to achieve CENELEC EN 50128 certification requirements lending its extensive experience in this area combined with a certifiable and qualifiable software development toolset based on the Ada and SPARK languages.
The AdaCore suite is ideally suited to meet the most demanding international standard for safety integrity concerning software for railway control and protection.
AdaCore use cases in rail monitoring and control include …
- Railway Control System – The Mobility Division of Siemens Switzerland Ltd., has selected GNAT Pro, combined with the CodePeer static analysis tool, as its development platform for the next generation of its railway control and information system.
When selecting subracks and components, Dedicated Systems uses Schroff – a leading manufacturer of 19 ” subrack technology, enclosures, power supplies, backplanes and systems.
nVent Schroff offer proven protection for the toughest mobile conditions, catering for applications requiring high shock and vibration resistance such as seismic cabinets – ideal for the rail sector.
Features of nVent Schroff subrack solutions include …
- a modular platform configurable for multiple applications in accordance with IEC, IEEE, PICMG and VITA standards;
- ideal for use in rail, telecommunications, transportation and test and measurement applications;
- market-leading EMI/EMC shielding; and
- many accessories available for enhancement
Dedicated Systems recommends Speedgoat as specialists in state-of-the-art real-time systems designed for real-time testing using Simulink® and Simulink Real-Time™ – the real-time operating system from MathWorks.
The combination of MathWorks and Speedgoat promote a Model-Based Design workflow from concept to hardware verification using industry-standard tools – MATLAB® and Simulink®, Simulink Real-Time, Powertrain Blockset™ and Simscape Driveline™, in combination with I/O and digital I/O as well as standard communication protocols.
Speedgoat products are used widely across the globe for innovative rail monitoring and control solutions, to provide reliable, available, maintainable, safe and secure (RAMS-S) railway infrastructure.
Speedgoat applications to date include …
- Development of Automatic Train Operation (ATO);
- Localisation and CSS onboard application platforms for trackside-related functions (COAT);
- Intelligent transportation systems and vehicle dynamics control;
- Design and verification of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) for vehicle control units (VCUs);
- Seamless security technology, data logging, online tuning and monitoring;
- Preventative and predictive maintenance;
- Fine control of train runs and speed; and
- Power and transmission control.
With GMS fielding capable, rugged, compact, powerful, precise and reliable computer systems over several decades – they are a preferred choice of Dedicated Systems for rail monitoring and control solutions.
GMS’s quality suite of technology independent computing engines are externally mountable, dealing with harsh environmental elements in the rail environment, while providing capable computing resources necessary to control and measure complex equipment. In addition, their rugged smart displays are able to operate under extreme shock and vibration and provide clear viewing in bright daylight.
With experience across defence, security , mining, medical and automation markets, GMS has the right mix of quality, technology, ruggedness and reliability to meet your rail application needs.Read More ...