Dedicated Systems recommends RTI software for standards-compliant connectivity – currently the foundation for hundreds of mission-critical Defence system designs globally.
RTI Connext DDS provides fast, scalable, reliable and secure connectivity within and between components of land systems of all sizes and resourcing built on the OMG DDS standard. It has a proven track record of performance and reliability, connecting disparate systems, merging multiple languages on multiple operating systems. The Connext Databus enables applications to work together as one, integrated system, significantly reducing development, integration and maintenance costs.
Deployments to date include …
- Large Scale Asset Tracking, US Army Blue Force Tracker – DDS based re-design to reduce code size and CPU utilisation to support full redundancy requirements; and
- Modelling, simulation and training (MS&T) solutions – providing interoperability between distributed simulation components, regardless of where they are located.
Interface Concept develops and manufactures COTS and modified COTS boards and systems to meet the requirements of critical embedded land applications. Dedicated Systems endorses Interface Concept’s comprehensive suite of high-performance cPCI, VME and VPX Ethernet routers, single board computers, FPGA processing boards and graphic and storage modules as the recommended choice for the harsh Land environment.
Interface Concept solutions have been deployed in …
- Command and Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR);
- Radar processing;
- Vehicle mission displays;
- Data recording/storage; and
ABACO SYSTEMS / 4DSP
Abaco Systems is a global leader in modular, high performance, open architecture, standards-based rugged embedded computing for the most demanding applications. With over 30 years of proven solutions helping customers turn sensor-acquired data into actionable information, Abaco Systems is Dedicated Systems’ clear choice in land solutions.
Powerful, flexible and based on open standards, Abaco’s Mission Ready Systems are pre-integrated and pre-qualified so that they are ready for immediate deployment – minimising cost, risk and program lead-time.
Application areas include …
- Ruggedized mission computing and control;
- Graphics, video and communications processing;
- High speed Ethernet switching; and
- Test, simulation and development I/O.
With land system deployments including the Abrams battle tank, Bradley fighting vehicle and many more, Abaco has solutions for any land application.Read More ...
With growing demand on performance and configuration in computing engines, General Micro Systems [GMS] is positioned to deliver the optimum CPU technology available on the market, irrespective of supplier.
Dedicated Systems recommends GMS solutions with their operational model of technology independence, utilising the best CPU technology available, balancing price, performance and power while delivering quality and customer support.
The GMS operational model allows system engineers to optimise their computing engine designs to be the most efficient processing sub-systems in the embedded computing market from in the lowest power-consuming product to the highest performance.
General Micro Systems has been empowering Land vehicle solutions for over 10 years including …
- Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) vehicles;
- High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (Humvees);
- Joint Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTVs);
- MEADS – a NATO radar control system;
- SANDI – an IED detection and neutralising system; and
- Vigilant Pursuit – intelligence information gathering.
NVENT / SCHROFF
When selecting subracks and components, Dedicated Systems uses nVent Schroff – a leading manufacturer of 19″ inch subrack technology, enclosures, power supplies, backplanes and systems.
nVent Schroff offers a full range of lightweight but rugged modular solutions and military server racks with high shock and vibration resistance and standard COTS product platforms based on MIL-S 901D, MIL-STD 167, MIL-STD 810 and in-house conformal coating or specific EMI/RFI compliance.
Features of nVent Schroff subrack solutions include …
market-leading EMI/EMC shielding;
- rugged housings for battlefield networks;
- ideal for use in telecommunications, transportation and test and measurement applications; and
- many accessories available for enhancement.
UNITED ELECTRONIC INDUSTRIES
To meet the stringent needs of the land market, Dedicated Systems chooses United Electronic Industries [UEI] for its comprehensive range of rugged military-grade automatic controllers, data loggers, communication interfaces and I/O boards.
With low-power and high-density I/O products on offer, UEI solutions are ideally suited for a wide range of data acquisition and control applications for land, ground and unmanned vehicles – including more than 70 I/O boards, plus form factors ranging from ultra-compact single-slot cubes through to rugged rack systems.
UEI deployment solutions include …
Rugged, low power, high-density controller and I/O system for unmanned land vehicles for military operations;
Cube data acquisition systems for military specifications; and
Ruggedised, configurable chassis – standalone I/O controller or embedded, programmed and hardened system for integration with high-density, multifunction data acquisition systems.Read More ...
For data interface solutions, Dedicated Systems chooses Astronics Ballard Technology – an industry leader for reliable solutions with exceptional customer support. With products including I/O computers, databus interface cards, interface software, interface devices and compact USB/databus interfaces, they are global specialists in interface and databus technologies. Astronics Ballard supply advanced board, box, and software solutions for embedded, test, and simulation applications for industry, military and government users worldwide.
Features of Astronics Ballard land solutions include …
- Mission computing and distributed control;
- Highly-flexible, low SWaP (Size, Weight, and Power) systems;
- High-throughput Ethernet backbone for inter-device communication; and
- Capable of meeting the demands of DoD open system business and technical strategies such as MOSA (Modular Open Systems Approach) and OMS (Open Mission Systems).
Providing software for mission-critical systems spanning four decades, Wind River® is the clear choice for Dedicated Systems to provide customer solutions that demand the highest standards of certified safety, security and reliability.
The growing demand for increased connectivity and new services are introducing new security threats and exposing previously isolated embedded systems to new vulnerabilities. Wind River follows well-known information security principles, including the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability triad, protecting data is protected at every stage of operation.
With proven software deployments exceeding 1000 projects globally to over 650 customers, Wind River® is pioneering the infrastructure technologies delivering secure software-defined systems and improved affordability in numerous programmes.
Wind River® solutions extend to …
- C4ISR [Command and Control, Communication, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaisance); and
- Advanced wireless systems such as software-defined radio (SDR).