This is a 1-day course that will help to understand the drivers that lead to COTS vs. in-house designs. Current and emerging technologies and standards are discussed and software choices for embedded and real time systems are highlighted.
Who Should Attend
- System integration and software engineers tasked with end-of-life upgrades of deployed computer systems.
- System integration and software engineers tasked with designs of new deployed computer systems.
- Project Managers wanting a broad overview of prevailing industry trends in COTS technologies and platforms.
- An understanding of current and emerging COTS technologies and standards.
- An appreciation of the drivers which lead to COTS solutions or in-house designs.
Other cities on request.
Cost: AUD750 plus GST per participant.
- Types of deployed embedded systems.
- Benefits of COTS (Commercial off the Shelf)
- PC/104 and other small form factors.
- Eurocard chassis and packaging standards
- Interconnections like FPDP
High Speed Serial Interconnects
- CPSB (PICMG 2.16)
- VXS, VPX
- CompactPCI Plus
- ATCA and others
- PMC, XMC, FMC, AMC, Industry Pack
- Analysers, Monitors and others
Software for embedded and real time systems
- Managing ever changing requirements
- Operating Systems,
- Programming languages and Compilers
- IDEs & debug tools
- Relevant Software standards (POSIX, ARINC653, DO178B, Eclipse)
- Common Middleware Technologies
- User Interfaces
- Test and Verification