Wind River Linux
Wind River Linux is the leading commercial embedded Linux platform and the first to bring companies in all industries the advantages of open source without the risks.
Secure, Always-On Connectivity for Critical Infrastructure and Devices
With Wind River Linux you can rest assured your embedded devices, machines, systems, and networks are continually protected against security threats to the critical infrastructure of IoT.
Wind River maintains a dedicated team of veteran embedded software engineers who monitor for security issues 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. They stand ready to respond immediately to any issue with hot patches and guidance to ensure your products perform as they should, no matter what.
Flexibility and Scalability for Supporting the Diversity of IoT
Based on the Yocto Project, Wind River Linux is tailor-made for IoT to help drive efficiencies and simplify integration within the heterogeneous computing environments inherent to IoT.
With one common run-time system, additional virtualisation capabilities, and an ecosystem of best-in-class partners, developers can efficiently leverage the same code base and technical infrastructure across the vast variety of IoT’s devices, networks, and deployment scenarios.
The Software Portfolio for the Internet of Things
Wind River Linux is part of Wind River Helix™, our portfolio of software, technologies, and services for addressing the system-level challenges and opportunities of IoT.
Learn how Wind River Helix, our foundation of virtualisation technologies, and ecosystems of partners help open source software developers meet the challenges and opportunities of IoT.
Built for speed
- Out-of-the-box ready for embedded development
- Hardware support for five processor architectures and over 100 processors
- Preconfigured system profiles, by industry and device type
- More than 500 tested, validated, and pre-integrated packages for system software, middleware, and applications
Built to work
- 100,000 man-hours of QA and test per release26M lines of code
- 60 BSPs, 48K tests per BSP
Built to Embed
- Complete development environment for highly customized embedded Linux
- Sophisticated embedded-centric debugging and analysis tools
- Multi-architecture support for cross-compiling
- Advanced power management
- Reduced root file system footprint for flash memory constrained devices
- Accelerated kernel boot time
Built to Comply
- Carrier Grade Linux certified for advanced networking deployments
- Open source and open standards compliant
- Extensive and easy-to-use documentation of license compliance
- Compliance with U.S. government export regulations
Built Safe and Secure
- Security-Enhanced Linux packages for access control, process separation, protection of information, and malicious attack prevention
- Dedicated team of engineers to monitor security alerts and address issues quickly
- Skilled legal team to help protect your intellectual property against license incompatibility and copyright infringement—16 lawyer-months per major release
- MILS ready
- EAL 4+ certification ready
Built to Win
- Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM) for virtualisation
- Multi-core hardware offload and multi-core-aware debugging and analysis tools
- Qt and advanced graphics support
- Advanced networking stack integration