FMC163 – Single-channel 12-bit 4GSPS ADC & Single-channel 14-bit 5.7GSPS DAC | HPC Board
Single-channel 12-bit 4Gsps A/D
Single-channel 14-bit 5.7Gsps D/A
FMC VITA 57.1 Compliant
The FMC163 provides one 12-bit A/D channel at 4Gsps (or dual-channel at 2Gsps) and one 14-bit D/A channel at 5.7Gsps (2.85Gsps direct RF synthesis) clocked by either an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. The FMC163 daughter card is mechanically and electrically compliant to the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1).
The FMC163 design is based on Texas Instruments’ ADC12D2000RF Analog-to-Digital converter and Analog Devices’ AD9129 Digital-to-Analog converter. The analog signals are AC-coupled, connecting to MMCX or SSMC coax connectors on the front panel.
The FMC163 is well-suited for low-power applications such as those in aerospace where the highest level of performance is required while ensuring that mission range is not affected.
- One ADC12D2000RF: Single-channel 12-bit A/D at 4Gsps or dual-channel 12-bit at 2Gsps
- One AD9129: Single-channel 14-bit D/A up to 5.7 Gsps (2.85Gsps without 1:2 interpolation) – LVDS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Single-ended, AC-coupled analog signals
- 6 MMCX/SSMC connectors available from the front panel
- 4 LVTTL signals available from an HDMI connector on the front panel
- 4 Xilinx MGT available from an HDMI connector on the front panel
- Clock source, sampling frequency through SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables:
- Onboard VCO: 2200MHz – 4400MHz
- External reference clock
- External sampling clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count Connector
- LVDS IO signaling