FMC160 – Single channel 12-bit 3.6GSPS ADC & Single channel 14-bit 5.6GSPS DAC | HPC Board
Single channel 12-bit 3.6Gsps A/D
Single channel 14-bit 5.6Gsps D/A
FMC VITA 57.1 Compliant
The FMC160 provides one 12-bit A/D channel at 3.6Gsps and one 14-bit D/A channel at 5.7Gsps (2.85Gsps direct RF synthesis) clocked by either an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. The FMC160 daughter card is mechanically and electrically compliant to the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1).
The FMC160 design is based on Texas Instruments’ ADC12D1800 Analog-to-Digital converter and Analog Devices’ AD9129 Digital-to-Analog converter. The analog signals are AC coupled connecting to MMCX or SSMC coax connectors on the front panel.
The FMC160 is well suited for low power applications such as airborne where the highest level of performance is required while ensuring that mission range does not get affected.
- One ADC12D1800: Single channel 12-bit 3.6Gsps
- One AD9129: Single channel 14-bit D/A up to 5.6 Gsps (2.8Gsps without 1:2 interpolation) – LVDS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Conduction Cooled – Standard Option
- Single ended AC-coupled analog signals
- 6 MMCX/SSMC connectors available from the front panel
- 4 LVTTL signals available from an HDMI connector on the front panel
- 4 Xilinx MGT available from an HDMI connector on the front panel
- Clock Source, Sampling Frequency through SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables:
- on board VCO: 2200MHz – 4400MHz
- external reference clock
- external sampling clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count Connector
- LVDS IO signaling