FM788 – Virtex-7™ XMC
FM788 Virtex-7™ XMC
The FM788 is a FPGA-based COTS card designed to deliver unparalleled performance for a variety of applications, including beamforming, direction finding, RADAR, and satellite communications.
This XMC module is based on Xilinx’s Virtex-7 and features eight 16-bit A/D channels running up to 250Msps each. Its design provides the largest channel count in this frequency range and the most available onboard memory for real-time buffering of large data vectors.
With four 10Gbps optical transceivers, the FM788 can be directly connected to a remote storage system without any CPU involvement. With the option to be conduction-cooled, the FM788 also features 10GBytes of DDR3 SDRAM that is tightly coupled to the FPGA. The card has the ability to synchronize signal sampling, making it an excellent choice for large channel count data acquisition.
- Virtex-7 XC7VX485T, XC7VX980T, XC7VX690T, XC7VX1140T
- Eight-channel 16-bit 250MSPS A/D conversion
- XMC form factor
- Coaxial front panel inputs on SSMC connectors
- Single-ended AC- or DC-coupled analog input
- 4x 10Gbps transceivers
- Flexible clock tree with onboard or external clock
- Trigger/Sync input
- PCIe controller: 4- and 8-lane
- XMC to PCIe adapter available
- 1Gbit FPGA configuration onboard Flash
- 128Mbit user-defined Flash ROM
- Available as air-cooled and conduction-cooled. Heat sink available for air-cooled applications.