DNx-PL-820 – Programmable FPGA board
The DNx-PL-820 are user programmable FPGA boards. The board allows an FPGA programmer to add custom FPGA functionality to the DNx family and the various platforms it supports.
- Only available Cube (DNA) and Rack (DNR) Chassis
- Ideal for development of custom high speed controllers
- MAX 10 FPGA with 50k usable logic elements
- 1638 kB usable embedded memory
- 144 embedded multipliers
- 4 internal PLLs for timing/clock generation
- Instant-on functionality
- Uses standard Altera Quartus II toolkit
- Reprogrammable in-system with UEI software or through external JTAG connection
- DB62 I/O connectors
The DNx-PL-820 is a two board, base/daughter card product. The bottom board (left in a DNR RACK) includes a Cyclone II FPGA while the upper board (right in the RACK) provides a MAX 10 FPGA.
The Cyclone board is used exclusively as the interface between the DNx bus and the MAX 10 FPGA chip, while the MAX 10 board allows user-developed FPGA applications to be installed and run.
The MAX 10 has a variety of unique and powerful features that make it an ideal choice as a custom FPGA target. Included in these features is a unique, instant-on capability that allows the MAX 10 application to begin running immediately, without regard to whether the Cube or RACKtangle has completed its boot-up process. The MAX 10 also supports user and dual configuration FLASH, DSP blocks and Nios II embedded processor functionality.