DNx-429-516 – 24-channel ARINC 429 Interface
The DNA/DNR/DNF-429-516 are ARINC 429 communications interfaces for UEI’s popular “Cube” / RACKtangle / FLATRACK I/O chassis respectively. The DNx-429-516 offers 16 TX/RX channels and 8 dedicated RX channels. The 8 dedicated RX channels are a new feature and are available on all 429-516 boards. The TX drivers on the TX/RX channels can be disabled on a channel-by-channel basis. To use a TX/RX channel as RX simply disable the TX driver on that channel.
- DNA-429-516 for use in “Cubes”, DNF-429-516 for FLATRACK and DNR-429-516 for use in RACKtangle™ chassis
- 16 ARINC 429 RX or TX plus 8 dedicated RX channels
- High (100 kHz) or low (12.5 kHz) speed selectable by channel
- Hardware Label filtering and TX scheduler
- Includes support for ARINC-615 protocol
- 350 Vrms Isolation (in 8 groups of 3-channels)
- Guardian Series Diagnostics:
- On-board 429 RXs allow read-back on TX channel
Even when all channels are set in high speed mode, data integrity is assured with the use of 256 word FIFOs on all channels. and in both directions. The board is part of UEI’s Guardian series and provides a diagnostic, on-board ARINC-429 receiver connected to each transmit channel. This allows the application to confirm the correct information has been written to the ARINC-429 bus.
Channels may be set to transmit asynchronously or based on a hardware controlled scheduler. Each channel supports a transmission table that allows up to 256 unique schedules. Transmission schedule resolution is 100 microseconds. There is also a TX mode where a label is transmitted only upon receipt of data from a pre-programmed label. Asynchronous (non-scheduled) data may be sent with three priorities: High, Standard or Low.