USB 708 Avionics Interface for Weather Radar
The USB 708 family of pocket-sized USB adapters enable computers to interface with ARINC 708 and similar weather radar display databuses. These rugged USB 2.0 peripherals feature extensive functionality for testing and simulating weather radar systems, CDUs (Control-Display Units), and T-R (Transmit-Receive) units. They are used for monitoring, generating, recording, and playing back data. The ARINC 708 display databus is sometimes referred to as ARINC 453.
These versatile interfaces are suitable for a wide range of applications in the lab and in the field, and are compatible with virtually all modern PC laptop, desktop, and tablet computers. They support maximum data throughput on all 708 channels and have a large 32 MB built-in memory. All power necessary for operation is provided via the single USB port. Plug and Play and Hot Swap features make them easy to install and move between computers.
- Supports standard ARINC 708 and custom weather radar databuses
- Receive, Transmit, and Monitor
- Direct coupled channels per 708
- Strappable on-board termination
- LEDs indicate bus traffic and errors
- Up to 4 ARINC 708 Channels
- 8 Avionics Discrete I/O
- IRIG A/B PWM and AM
- USB 2.0 Bus Powered—No External Power Supply Needed
- 32 MB Data Memory
- RoHS Compliant Design
- Standard Black or Flight Test Orange Case
- Small, Portable, and Rugged
- Boards also available without enclosure for embedded use
- Weather radar, CDU, and T-R unit analysis, test, and simulation
- Flightline and AOG Support
- Replacing Plug-in Cards
- Many More Uses in the Lab or in the Field
Please contact us for more information or to request a quote.
*Includes CoPilot analysis & test software
**nRnT = number of Receive/Transmit Channels
To order, add the appropriate suffix to the above part number.
- /FTO – Flight Test Orange case (black case is standard)
- /NE – No Enclosure, Printed Circuit Board Assembly only, for embedded use
- /FXY – Conformal coating (Parylene)