USB 1553 Avionics Interface
The USB 1553 family of pocket-sized USB adapters enable computers to communicate with, simulate, test, and monitor MIL-STD-1553 equipment and systems. These rugged USB 2.0 peripherals feature extensive 1553 functionality and are compatible with virtually all modern PC laptop, desktop, and tablet computers.
These versatile interfaces are suitable for a wide range of applications in the lab and in the field. They support maximum data throughput on all 1553 channels and have a large 32 MB built-in memory. All power necessary for operation is provided via the single USB port. Plug and Play and Hot Swap features make them easy to install and move between computers.
- Dual redundant channels—Bus A and B
- Single-function, multi-function, and bus monitor only models available
- Single-function: BC, 32 Remote Terminals (RTs), or bus monitor
- Multi-function: Error injection, BC, 32 RTs, and bus monitor simultaneously
- Bus monitor only models available in dual redundant or non-redundant versions
- All models include eight avionics level input/output discretes and IRIG time synchronization/generation.
- Jumpers for direct coupled termination
- 8 Avionics Discrete I/O
- IRIG A/B PWM and AM
- USB 2.0 Bus Powered—No External Power Supply Needed
- 32 MB Data Memory
- RoHS Compliant Design
- Standard Black or Flight Test Orange Case
- Small, Portable, and Rugged
- Boards also available without enclosure for embedded use
Please contact us for more information or to request a quote.
*Includes CoPilot analysis & test software
**Channels are non-redundant
S = Single-function, M = Multi-function, BM = Bus Monitor only
To order, add the appropriate suffix to the above part number.
- /FTO – Flight Test Orange case (black case is standard)
- /NE – No Enclosure, Printed Circuit Board Assembly only, for embedded use
- /FXY – Conformal coating (Parylene)