FMC176 – Quad 14-bit 250MSPS ADC & Dual 14-bit 5.6GSPS DAC | HPC Board
Quad 14-bit 250Msps A/D
Dual 14-bit 5.6Gsps D/A
FMC VITA 57.1 Compliant
The FMC176 is a quad channel ADC and dual channel DAC FMC. This daughter card provides four 14-bit A/D channels at 250Msps and two 14-bit D/A channels at 5.6Gsps (2.8Gsps direct RF synthesis) clocked by either an internal clock source (optionally locked to an external reference) or an externally supplied sample clock. The FMC176 daughter card is mechanically and electrically compliant to the FMC standard (ANSI/VITA 57.1).
The FMC176 design is based on Analog Devices’ AD9250 dual channel 14-bit 250Msps Analog-to-Digital converter and Analog Devices’ AD9129 single channel 14-bit 5.6Gsps Digital-to-Analog converter. The analog signals are AC coupled connecting to MMCX or SSMC coax connectors on the front panel.
The FMC176 is well suited for low power applications such as airborne where the highest level of performance is required while ensuring that mission range does not get affected.
- Two AD9250: 4-channel 14-bit A/D up to 250 Msps – JESD204B
- Two AD9129: 2-channel 14-bit D/A up to 5.6 Gsps (2.8Gsps without 1:2 interpolation) – LVDS
- VITA 57.1-2010 compliant
- Conduction Cooled – Standard Option
- Single ended AC-coupled analog signals.
- 10 MMCX/SSMC connectors available from the front panel
- Clock Source, Sampling Frequency, and Calibration through SPI communication busses
- Flexible clock tree enables:
- on board VCO: 2300MHz – 2650MHz
- external reference clock
- external sampling clock
- Power-down modes to switch off unused functions for system power savings
- Mil-I-46058c Conformal Coating Compliant (optional)
- HPC – High Pin Count Connector
- LVDS IO signaling